Saturday, January 9, 2016

Happy cake and candle day

I find clean and simple (CAS) some of the hardest cards to make! I tend to not stay clean and I complicate instead of simplify :P
I found four challenges at Paper Playful to combine and work on this morning:
Sketch Saturday #394: See sketch photo below:
Just Us Girls #325: something Metal
Fantasy Stampers: Happy Birthday
 
I tried stamping the candles directly on the blue card stock and adding orange stickles and I made a huge mess ~ so I cut them off and added the blue piece to white card stock and stamped new candles to dance across the top that I colored with orange marker instead.  The metal accents are brads and I used washi tape for accent.  The sentiment is by Cornish Heritage Farms and the set is called "Birthday Centers".  

13 comments:

maria f. said...

What a fabulous sentiment. I like how you've got those candles dancing a jig too!

Sharyn Polesel said...

I love your dancing candles! What a happy card! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

Tracie said...

Beautiful card :)x

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is such a cute design with those fun little candles. Love the little cake brad and cute sentiment, too. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Fabulous take on our CAKE challenge and love the designer button element and fab sentiment. thanks for sharing at ATCAS. Sarah

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

What a lovely dancing candles :)Thanks for joining us at ATCAS!

Stamping Bubbles said...

Great birthday card, I love the dancing candles. I struggle with CAS cards too, white spaces made me nervous.
Thank you for joining our birthday challenge at Fantasy Stampers.
Crafty hugs
Lesley

Alica said...

What a fun birthday card - love the special brads. Great take on the sketch.

Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday!

Hugs, Alica :)

ElizStewart said...

So love your take on cake! The buttons are adorable!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous bday card -- love the cake button too. Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

Julie B said...

Those candles look like they are dancing and well done incorporating the brad sentiment into the card.
Thanks for sharing with us at Fantasy Stampers. :)

Cathy P said...

Love your birthday card and the way you used the sketch for your card. Thanks for playing along with us last week at Sketch Saturday. Hope to see you again this week! Hugs, Cathy SS DT

Jaydee said...

Love the off-kilter candles on your card - they add such a fun and whimsical touch. Fabulous card. So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week. Thanks for rocking my challenge.
Jaydee