Friday, April 29, 2011

365 Cards: Sparkle and Shine




Today on 365 Cards the challenge is to make a card that sparkles and shines.  When I think of sparkles I Think of fairies wings and princess things.  I made this OOAK ACEO and made a pocket for it to attach to the front of a greeting card.  The paper is from The Angel Company, and has little flecks of gold all over to make it sparkle.  I stamped the image with metallic copper ink on handmade paper and embossed it with 'Detail Gold" by PSX.  I colored in the fairy with Prismacolor and tombo markers, and used a combination of white gel pen, stickles, and glitter to make the wings sparkle.   I attached the card stock to chipboard and detailed the top and bottom with a gold paint pen for some shine.  This stamp and ACEO can be purchsed on Etsy.  What is an ACEO?  Art Cards, Editions and Originals are miniature works of art the size of a baseball or playing card. They can be framed or stored in a trading card album. ACEOs can be created in any medium available in the art world. There are no rules limiting the artist, except that the dimensions have to be 2.5" x 3.5". They're a great way of collecting original art, at an affordable price.   To make the ACEO look professional you can purchase a download to attach to the back of your artwork from this Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/H20worksDesigns .   

I have to add a picture of my cat today ~ His name is Mojo & I love him so ~ he doesn't sparkle or shine but he is a friend of mine! Oh ...You didn't know I was a poet?! Ha-ha! yes I can be a goof ~ :)
~ Blessings to you ~