Sunday, June 19, 2011

365 Cards: #111 Sketchy Sunday & PIO #25


I love this new sketch on 365 cards today!  I thought of this terrific medallion stamp called "Long Life" by Inkadinkado right away when I saw this challenge.  I embossed the image in pearl lustre hematite by Stampendous.  I couldn't figure out what to do for the lines at first, so I started digging in my charm drawer.  I found the fish charm first, then I had the idea to use buttons.  I cut the metal loop off the charm and the shanks off the buttons so they would lie flat, and added the gold ribbon to form the lines.
This card also works for this weeks challenge at Pile it on where they want you to "show some metal" on your card.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

very pretty, love how you added the fish!!! thanks for joining PIO!!!

Rose said...

i am loving that stamp!!! fab take on the sketch :)

Manuela Navarro said...

Que magnifica tarjeta!!
Me encanta el tema de la tarjeta y ese sello, es una maravilla.